Tuesday 12 July 2011

The Art of real friendship.

One of the things I treasure the most in my life are my friends.  People who know me quite well, knows how devoted and loyal a friend I am.  Of late I'm noticing that friendship doesn't seem to mean a lot to some people.  Their friendship is as tenuous as the wind - you never know which they it will blow.

Friendship, like every other type of collaboration between humanity requires honesty, integrity, thoughtfulness, consideration, compassion and above all, love. A friend jokingly said to me that she hopes when she dies it will be in the winter time when people are home because if it's summer her friends will all be at their cottages or busy soaking up the great Ra's energy.  I thought, she's right. The real meaning of friendship has been lost - we have hundreds of connections but no real friends.  We have a stream of social network - yet - we don't talk to each other - we make it look like we are talking to each other. 

Let us get back to the fine art of friendship, where loyalty is really huge, devotion is heartfelt, compassion is constant,  honesty a bridge that binds, forgiveness is paramount and love is freedom.


I give thanks for my family and friends. New friends and friends I am yet to meet, and for all the inhabitants of the universe. Live your best life ever!
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment