Monday 1 August 2011

Communication - how it can make or break a friendship

I've met someone that I'm really quite interested in - he had to go away for the weekend for business and we lost mobile service. He was sending me messages and I was not receiving  them. I was sending him messages and he wasn't receiving them.  I jumped to the conclusion that he might be a flake and I'm certain he thought I was not interested.  Turns out we were both wrong.

That was a teachable moment. First thing, do not jump to conclusions or make wild assumptions you will always be off the mark for the most part. Have some faith in the person you are dealing with and always give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.

Second thing: Do not react to run a way thoughts and imagination  that have no substance they can ruin a good thing.

As for me and  my  interested party...we'll see where we go from here.

Have a great day and live your best life.

1 comment:

  1. The dictionary meaning of assumption is: something taken for granted/ the act of taking for granted or supposing. I truly think this is why a lot of people are not in a relationship or the relationship fails. We can all have better relationships with our lovers, friends and collegues if we stop making assumptions and start communicating.

    ReplyDelete